Communicating to Get Results
When you want something done, you have to either do it yourself or see to it that someone else does it. As adept as you may be at multi-tasking, there will be times when you will need a colleague's help or buy-in to perform a task. But how can you effectively achieve results without any formal authority within the organization? Communication is the answer. Through the effective use of the various forms of communication, you will be able to extend your influence at work even without any recognized authority. This course is designed to help you become a more effective communicator so that you can become more productive and use written and spoken communication to achieve results.
Any staff or team member who doesn't have any direct or formal authority seeking to achieve results through the use of written and oral communication skills
- Identify the importance of being able to use written communication appropriately to achieve results without authority.
- Select tactics that help improve business writing.
- Match types of writing pitfalls with examples.
- Determine whether an excerpt of a business document has the capacity to persuade the reader.
- Identify benefits associated with using oral communication as a tool for attaining results without authority.
- Identify ways of improving credibility.
- Apply positive strategies for influencing a colleague in a role-play scenario.
- Identify the most common causes of conflict in the workplace.
- Determine whether the steps for handling a conflict with a co-worker were appropriately followed in a given scenario.
Communication through Presentations
- Identify the value of using presentations as a communication tool to achieve results without authority.
- Identify pre-presentation strategies that will increase the likelihood of buy-in from the audience.
- Determine the appropriateness of an organizational pattern being used in a presentation.
- Determine whether an excerpt of a presentation in a given case study contains the information to sufficiently persuade an audience.
- Identify five key questions that should be answered during a persuasive presentation.
- Identify elements of effective body language to use when giving a presentation.
For more information or to enroll, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, Contact Us or call 1-847-564-2840.